Wednesday 29 February 2012

Goodbye Old Steve....

Old Steve is the name given to our Dodge Caravan minivan. Don't ask me how and why it got its name cause I don't really know. My daughter, Leena started it one day and everyone in the family just followed along. We had Steve for quite a while and has given us great service. We used it almost everyday for the last six years and never had any major problem. These last few week though it started to show some signs of wear and tear that we decided it's time to let go and better get a new transportation for the family. With three kids on the go, school, work, extra curricular activities to go to and me as a new driver (who can't deal with extra stress while driving) we can't risk having the car break down on us right on the spot.

My husband and I went looking for one for two weeks and Boy! Im telling you it was tiring. There were just so many family cars to choose from. Me, who doesnt have much knowledge about choosing a car or cars in general, didn't know which one to go for so I let my husband hunt for what he thought the right ones for us and I would then take a look and test drive it. ;)

I guess it all boils down to what you really want from a car and what you can afford. The more we looked, the more I realized that if you want some you have to sacrifice some. Anyway, we finally found one that fits our needs after two weeks of hunting and I am very happy with it.

We decided to get the same but a newer version of the Old Steve. A Dodge Grand Caravan SE. It has some nice features like the stow away seats and definitely more space. We don't really care much of the add ons but they are still nice to have. :) The most important thing for us is a car we can rely on. Now we can plan road trips again without hesitations and maybe go camping sometime in the summer. Isn't that exciting? :)

Of course, we sadly said our goodbyes and thank yous to Old Steve for his great service before we drove home with the new one. I could see the kids likes the new minivan and so far no new name has been mentioned yet but I know it won't be long..

What about you? For a family car, would you choose comfort for economy or the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment