Friday 17 February 2012

The All-In-One Gift..

My husband (Khalid) and I had a talk. We have three weeks vacation in June that we have to prepare. With three kids in tow, we have to travel on a budget and really have to plan ahead of time. For the last 3-4 years, we've been going back to the Philippines at least once a year and every time we usually allocate 3-4 days stay on a beach. Though we had lots of fun on those trips, this year I'd like it to be different. Its hard to admit folks, I'm turning 35 this year and I have this promise to myself years ago that every five years (started ten years ago) I have to do something new or visit places I've never been to and so this is the year.2012.


Anyway, back to the talk, I suggested a few places and Khalid did too. Somehow he mentioned the place that I thought just perfect for us to visit! To be fair, I gave him exactly three seconds to take it back.(haha!) I know men rarely change their mind and given just 3 seconds fast, he never had the chance. :D  Even if he did though, I wouldn't have heard it anyway because I was already busy applauding and telling him how smart he was to suggest the perfect place. You can imagine how ecstatic I was at that time and I guess, my sweet husband just saw me glowing of excitement. From there the decision was made.

 


We are going to... Paris, France!


Oh Paris ,I'm coming to see yah!!!


The kids and I are very excited. We can't wait to see The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Cathedral Notre Dame and the famous Champs Elysées. To have petite pain au chocolat for breakfast and drink latte at a sidewalk cafe in the afternoon watching people go by in that beautiful city is just pure pleasure. Haayy (day dreaming)


Wake up, Me! :)


The trip is only a few months away that means I have lots of planning to do and of course budgeting as well. Speaking of budgetting, the kids agreed to save their money from the newspaper delivery for the trip. I also told my husband that he doesn't have to get me anything on Valentines Day or Mother's Day or my birthday or even on our anniversary. Ain't that nice of me. ;)haha..  Lets just call the trip to Paris, the All-in-One Gift.  So far everyone is on board and working together to make this awesome vacation a success.

For our friends/readers, please free to leave us stories, tips and suggestions  that you may have about family travelling to Europe (comment box below). I will gladly appreciate it. Thanks.









3 comments:

  1. I have never been to Paris but it sure sounds fun! I actually grew up in New York = ) Can't wait to see how your planning goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, Thanks for dropping by. I'l posting a follow up re; Trip to Paris sometime soon. Btw, I always wanted to go visit New York too. 2-3 times a year we fly to Montreal to visit family and I know NY is just a few hours drive across the border. Now that's something to look forward on the next visit :)...
    Follow your blog: crazygoddess. Hope u follow mine too. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emee!
    Congrats on the new blog! I'm visiting from MBS. Paris!! Yeay!! I went backpacking through Europe (before kids!!) and it was a blast!! I always say that if I ever have the opportunity to go back to Europe, Paris is a definite on my list!! You just can't get chocolate croissants like they make them there anywhere else!!! Have one for me!
    Happy Blogging! If you ever need any help, please feel free to contact me!
    Ro Little
    www.MommyBlogDesigns.com
    www.WikiMommy.com

    ReplyDelete